Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bernd Kuemmerlen <bk...@gmx.net> on 2008/07/02 12:37:07 UTC

Problem with ssh access and authz after client update to 1.5

Hello,

we have a subversion repository running on svn 1.4, using svn+ssh as the
only access method. The repository uses the authz file to restrict
access to parts of the repository, which works fine when using a 1.4 client.

We now have the problem that when using the svn 1.5 client, access is
denied to the repository, even though it should be possible and it works
fine with 1.4.

The message I get when doing "svn update" is
 > svn: Not authorized to open root of edit operation

The authz file looks like this

#===================================
[groups]
access_group = user1, user2, user3

[/]
* =
@access_group = rw
#===================================

If I grant
* = rw
everything works fine, but this is not what we had in mind.

Can anybody shed some light on this problem?

Thanks
	Bernd

Re: Problem with ssh access and authz after client update to 1.5

Posted by Eric Lee <er...@myprojects.srhost.info>.
:
: #===================================
: [groups]
: access_group = user1, user2, user3
:
: [/]
: * =
: @access_group = rw
: #===================================
:
:
: If I grant
: * = rw
: everything works fine, but this is not what we had in mind.
:
: Can anybody shed some light on this problem?
:
: Thanks
: Bernd

Hi,

Have you tried change the these settings in svnserve.conf ?

svnserve.conf file

anon-access = none
auth-access = write

Eric,