Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2014/12/18 05:44:33 UTC

[lucy-dev] [VOTE] Apache Clownfish 0.4.2 RC 2

Hello,

Release candidate 2 for Apache Clownfish version 0.4.2 can be
found at:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucy/clownfish/apache-clownfish-0.4.2-rc2/

See the CHANGES file at the top level of the archive for information
about the content of this release.

This candidate was assembled according to the process documented at:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseGuide

It was cut using "git archive" from the tag at:

    https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucy-clownfish.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/apache-clownfish-0.4.2-rc2

Please vote on releasing this candidate as Apache Clownfish version
0.4.2.  The vote will be held open for at least the next 72
hours.

All interested parties are welcome to inspect the release candidate
and express approval or disapproval.  Votes from members of the Lucy
PMC are binding; the vote passes if there are at least three binding
+1 votes and more +1 votes than -1 votes.

For suggestions as to how to evaluate Apache Clownfish release candidates,
and for information on ASF voting procedures, see:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseVerification
    http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleasePrep

[ ] +1 Release RC 2 as Apache Clownfish 0.4.2.
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release RC 2 as Apache Clownfish 0.4.2 because...

Thanks!

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-dev] Re: [VOTE] Apache Clownfish 0.4.2 RC 2

Posted by Logan Bell <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Both the C and Perl runtime compiled and tested fine for me on Mac OS
Yosemite. The version of Perl which I compiled this on was 5.20. The
'dist' action through no errors for me.

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 21/12/2014 22:05, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> Yes, I'm still having issues.  I believe that the problem arises because the
> parcel registry is global.  If you create two CFCHierarchy objects within the
> same process which operate on the same source dir, the second one will collide
> when parsing the parcel file a second time.  (Other registries are also global
> and have the same issue, so the fix is not just a one-liner somewhere.)
>
> I'm pretty sure this is happening because Lucy's "dist" action depends on
> "pod".  When invoking "./Build dist" in a clean directory, first a
> CFCHierarchy object is created when building the "clownfish" action, and then
> a second one is created during "pod".
>
> This sequence of events does not seem to happen when invoking either the
> "code", "test" or "install" actions on a newly unpacked Lucy CPAN tarball.
> Therefore, though we still have issues, I intend to call the VOTE a success
> and finish the release.

Ah yes, I also hit this issue a while ago and it's related to the "pod"
action. From what I recall, it should either reuse the CFCHierarchy object, or
we need a call to CFCParcel_reap_singletons() somewhere. But I agree that this
isn't release-critical.

Nick

Re: [lucy-dev] Re: [VOTE] Apache Clownfish 0.4.2 RC 2

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] Apache Clownfish 0.4.2 RC 2

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 18/12/2014 05:44, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> [ ] +1 Release RC 2 as Apache Clownfish 0.4.2.
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1 Do not release RC 2 as Apache Clownfish 0.4.2 because...

+1

Tested on Ubuntu 14.10 x86 with stock Perl.

Nick