Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Satish Reddy <Sa...@VERIFONE.com> on 2013/12/10 07:37:20 UTC

Unsolicited calls from server to client.

Hi,

I am looking at cxf  as a choice for implementing  a web service . I have a requirement in which the  client of my web service should be able to register once as a callback listenser for some events with  the service and get notifications of the events each time it occurs. I am not able to map this requirement with what is explained in the "Asynchronous Invocation Model" section at   http://cxf.apache.org/docs/developing-a-consumer.html.  As per my understanding, this is still a request-response behavior with the  request from client being sent each time and response from the server is delayed/asynchronous. But what I I am looking of  is more of unsolicited(no involvement from the client) call from the  web service  to client .

Please let me know if this is possible with CXF and if so how  best to handle this requirement.

Thanks,
Satish.
________________________________
This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.

Re: Unsolicited calls from server to client.

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
I think your scenario matches the decoupled endpoint model supported
by ws-addressing.
basically, you have logically a request response but its done in two
separate calls.
the client send a request with the addressing header ReplyTo set to
its decoupled listener port, the server received the request and
simply returns an http 202 response to this request and later
initiates a response call to the decoupled ReplTo endpoint of the
client.

you can look at the ws-addressing sample in the cxf distribution
(samples/ws_addressing).
regards, aki