Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by cifroes <ci...@netcabo.pt> on 2009/03/03 01:24:24 UTC

transactional support

Hi all,

Sorry for the noob question but I want to know if I can have any problem (consistency of data) in my application scenario.

I'm deploying a JBoss J2EE app and I have a standalone jackrabbit repository that I connect via RMI. In my EJB I want to add a file to the jackrabbit repository and then add some info about it to my normal DB (using JPA).

I have to be sure that this 2 operations are atomic which means if I add the information to the DB I have to be sure the file was stored correctly.

As I still new to JackRabbit I'm not sure if this scenario can have any problems or if my scenario always runs correctly. Anyone can answer this?

I see that for JNDI connection to repositories transactions are assured by Jackrabbit but i'm not sure it is the same with RMI connections.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my messy explanation,
 -- cif