Posted to user@curator.apache.org by "Dominic Chevalier (TT)" <Do...@tradingtechnologies.com> on 2015/01/07 00:22:30 UTC

PathChildrenCache empty node creation

1. Why does a watch using PathChildrenCache create empty nodes in
zookeeper? It seems other zookeeper APIs are capable of watching a
non-existent path.

2. My system design would prefer I do not create empty nodes, is this a bad
pattern for zookeeper?

Thank you,
Dominic

Re: PathChildrenCache empty node creation

Posted by Scott Blum <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dominic,

You might try TreeCache with a maxDepth of 0, it doesn't create nodes.