Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Ahmed Taleb <ah...@pawsey.org.au> on 2022/10/28 04:43:28 UTC

socket was closed by server

We have been getting some intermittent disconnections while RDP'ing into any machine setup in guacamole. I believe I've tracked the issue in the logs to point to 2 potential issues that may be causing the problem:
websocket tunnel fail
[http-apr-8080-exec-8] ERROR o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Creation of WebSocket tunnel to guacd failed: Requested tunnel destination does not exist.

2. Database connection issue

[pool-1-thread-1] WARN  o.a.i.d.pooled.PooledDataSource - Execution of ping query 'SELECT 1' failed: (conn=109971414) unexpected end of stream, read 0 bytes from 4 (socket was closed by server)

I am not really finding any information that confirms this is the reason we experiencing these intermittent disconnections and hoping I could get some support/advice.

Regards,

Ahmed Taleb

Re: socket was closed by server

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 9:43 PM Ahmed Taleb <ah...@pawsey.org.au>
wrote:

> We have been getting some intermittent disconnections while RDP'ing into
> any machine setup in guacamole. I believe I've tracked the issue in the
> logs to point to 2 potential issues that may be causing the problem:
>
>    1. websocket tunnel fail
>
> [http-apr-8080-exec-8] ERROR o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint -
> Creation of WebSocket tunnel to guacd failed: Requested tunnel destination
> does not exist.

What do you see in the guacd logs when you are unexpectedly disconnected?

2. Database connection issue

> [pool-1-thread-1] WARN  o.a.i.d.pooled.PooledDataSource - Execution of
> ping query 'SELECT 1' failed: (conn=109971414) unexpected end of stream,
> read 0 bytes from 4 (socket was closed by server)

This indicates network connectivity issues between the webapp and your
database. This wouldn't cause a disconnect, but could be a symptom of the
same environmental problem if the unexpected disconnects are also caused by
network issues.

- Mike