Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Tchize <tc...@myrealbox.com> on 2006/07/24 15:28:21 UTC

Myfaces silently dropping exceptions??

Hello,

I misconfigured here myfaces 1.1.1. What i did was setting the wrong
classname for a managed bean in my faces-config.xml

However, at run time all i got in webpage was an 'internal server error'
and no error message from console. I got no 'classnotfoundexception' or
alike.  Why is my faces hidding such errors? This is all the output i
got on console:
24-juil.-2006 15:03:27 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Déploiement de l'archive shark-jsf.war de l'application web
(org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase).
24-juil.-2006 15:03:36 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: HTMLManager: list: Listing contexts for virtual host 'localhost'
24-juil.-2006 15:26:13 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

RE: Myfaces silently dropping exceptions??

Posted by "Iordanov, Borislav (GIC)" <bo...@miamidade.gov>.
I had the same issue with Myfaces, it's actually much worst than that because in some situation it even allows the application to continue running, after logging the exception (if you have set up log4j properly). Adam Brod was kind enough to post logging setup instructions that give more information:

I agree.  This was a huge problem for me.  I lost many hours because MyFaces was logging errors that I couldn't find.  For what it's worth, if you have log4j.jar in WEB-INF/lib and log4j.properties in WEB-INF/classes with these values, you'll see the errors.

log4j.rootLogger=WARN, stdout

log4j.logger.org.apache.myfaces = INFO
log4j.logger.javax.faces = INFO

# Appender "stdout"
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %-5p %c - %m%n