Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Yann LE DU <ya...@orange.fr> on 2005/06/30 17:22:32 UTC

Checkout with svn:// protocol fails

Hi all,

Just started Continuum and tried to add a Maven 2
project to Continuum. I use SVN for SCM, so my POM
contains the following :

<scm>
<connection>scm:svn:svn://host:3691/COMMON/trunk/</connection>

</scm>

The Continuum build fails and I get the following results :

org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScmException:
Cannot checkout sources.
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.checkOut(DefaultContinuumScm.java:97)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException:
svn: not found
	at java.lang.UNIXProcess.(UNIXProcess.java:143)

Does this mean that the svn:// protocol isn't supported
(yet ?) and that I have to set up a http server ? I've
found nothing about svn:// in docs, JIRA and mailing lists.

Yann

Re: Checkout with svn:// protocol fails

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Yann LE DU wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just started Continuum and tried to add a Maven 2
> project to Continuum. I use SVN for SCM, so my POM
> contains the following :
>
> <scm>
> <connection>scm:svn:svn://host:3691/COMMON/trunk/</connection>
>
> </scm>
>
> The Continuum build fails and I get the following results :
>
> org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScmException:
> Cannot checkout sources.
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.checkOut(DefaultContinuumScm.java:97)
>
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException:
> svn: not found
> 	at java.lang.UNIXProcess.(UNIXProcess.java:143)

svn command isn't in your PATH

> Does this mean that the svn:// protocol isn't supported
> (yet ?) and that I have to set up a http server ? I've
> found nothing about svn:// in docs, JIRA and mailing lists.

We support file, http, https, svn, svn+ssh protocols.

Emmanuel

Re: Checkout with svn:// protocol fails

Posted by Mark Donszelmann <Ma...@slac.stanford.edu>.
Quite right, my mistake. I guess one needs it if you do (svn
scm:update). Did not read
the original e-mail correctly.

Regards
Mark