Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/28 15:27:37 UTC

Broken formatting in Wiki

Hello Emmanuel,

It seems this wiki page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/4.2.+Using+ApacheDS+for+unit+tests
Have broken formatting
Can you please fix it?
Or I can try to do it (but currently don't have enough karma :(  )

Thanks in advance!

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Broken formatting in Wiki

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Looks good :)
Thanks for the help!

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Works for me so far on Apache Jenkins :)
We'll see :)

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 10/31/18 10:04 AM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> Here is it: https://pastebin.com/pbHs3U24
> Please let me know if anything need to be changed :)

Applied, I only changed the code block formatting, the CMS doesn't
support the triple-backtick notation...:
https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/7-embedding-apacheds.html

Many thanks,
Stefan

Re: Broken formatting in Wiki

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stefan,

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
(Dropping the personal email address, switching to mailing list only)

On 10/29/18 5:46 PM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> So the only issue remain is: missing sources in maven artifacts :)
>>> What version of apacheds-core-integ
>>> <https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.directory.server/apacheds-core-integ> should
>>> I use? AM25 seems to be the latest, but its sources artifact somehow
>>> contains sources for 1 java file only :( is this known issue? (just double
>>> checked [1])
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/server/apacheds-core-integ/2.0.0.AM25/

The core-integ (and same for server-integ) Maven modules contain the
actual integration tests for ApacheDS, thus (main) source is empty.
Those are not supposed to be used for writing your own tests. Instead
only the apacheds-test-framework Maven module is the one that contains
all pieces to write tests. But it seems you already use it, right?

Re: Broken formatting in Wiki

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 10/29/18 5:46 PM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> Do you think creating @Rule and/or reusable parts out of FrameworkRunner
> worth PR?
> Or maybe there are some better options?

Sounds reasonable.

Re: Broken formatting in Wiki

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
It seems it is possible to use multiple DN in one ldif file
I guess my issue was caused by the fact I have created
dn: dc=org
dn: dc.apache,dc=org

in my ldif file, and these DNs seems to be autocreated by ApacheDS

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.