Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kumar Jayapal <kj...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/01 05:47:28 UTC

parque table

Created table  CREATE TABLE raw (line STRING) PARTITIONED BY (FISCAL_YEAR
 smallint, FISCAL_PERIOD smallint)
STORED AS TEXTFILE;

and loaded it with data.

LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH '/tmp/weblogs/20090603-access.log.gz' INTO TABLE raw;

I have to load it to parque table

when I say select * from raw it shows all null values.

NULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULL
NULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULL
NULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULL
NULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULL
Why is not show showing the actual data in file. will it show once I load
it to parque table?

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks
jay

Re: parque table

Posted by "Bhagwan S. Soni" <bh...@gmail.com>.
Please mention partition as well, while loading data into a partitioned
table.

Re: parque table

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
-user@hadoop to bcc

--
Sean

Re: parque table

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
-user@hadoop to bcc

--
Sean

Re: parque table

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
-user@hadoop to bcc

--
Sean

Re: parque table

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
-user@hadoop to bcc

--
Sean

Re: parque table

Posted by gabriel balan <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi

I can't reproduce your problem. Here's what happens on hive-1.1.0-cdh5.4.0:

    hive> LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH 'access.log.gz' into table rawpartition (fiscal_year=2015, fiscal_period=1);
    Partition db_apw.raw{fiscal_year=2015, fiscal_period=1} stats: [numFiles=1, numRows=0, totalSize=74, rawDataSize=0]
    OK

    hive> select * from raw;
    OK
    106,"2003-02-03",20,2,"A","2","2","037" 2015    1
    106,"2003-02-03",20,3,"A","2","2","037" 2015    1
    106,"2003-02-03",8,2,"A","2","2","037"  2015    1

As already mentioned in this thread, you need to specify the partition clause (in red above), or you get an error:

    hive> LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH 'access.log.gz' into table raw;
    FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10062]: Need to specify partition columns because the destination table is partitioned

hth
Gabriel Balan

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Re: parque table

Posted by gabriel balan <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi

If you're quoted fields may contain commas, you must use RegexSerDe to parse each line into fields.

    create table foo(c0 string, c1 string, c2 string, c3 string,  c4 string,  c5 string,  c6 string,  c7 string)
    row format serde 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.RegexSerDe'
    with serdeproperties
    ("input.regex" = "^([^,]*),\"([^\"]*)\",([^,]*),([^,]*),\"([^\"]*)\",\"([^\"]*)\",\"([^\"]*)\",\"([^\"]*)\"$");

    --here I assumed some fields are always quoted, and some fields are always unquoted. You may need something fancier for the general case.

    load DATA local inpath 'log.txt.gz' into table foo;

    select * from foo;
    OK
    106     2003-02-03      20      2       A       2 2       037
    106     2003-02-03      20      3       A       2 2       037
    106     2003-02-03      8       2       A       2 2       037

If you're sure there are no commas in your quoted fields, then you could try putting a view on top of the table, and have the view use UDFs to strip the quotes.

hth
Gabriel Balan

On 5/2/2015 1:04 AM, Kumar Jayapal wrote:6

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Re: parque table

Posted by gabriel balan <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Re: parque table

Posted by gabriel balan <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Re: parque table

Posted by gabriel balan <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Re: parque table

Posted by Kumar Jayapal <kj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

When I am loading this data I am getting " "  inserted into the table how
to load with out " "it.

[image: Inline image 1]

thanks
jay

Thanks
Jay

Re: parque table

Posted by gabriel balan <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Re: parque table

Posted by gabriel balan <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Re: parque table

Posted by gabriel balan <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Re: parque table

Posted by Kumar Jayapal <kj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: parque table