Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Soheil Pourbafrani <so...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/14 10:12:22 UTC

cleaning yarn logs for long-running applications

Hi, I want to use Yarn as cluster manager for running Flink applications,
but I'm worried about how Flink or Yarn handle local logs in each machine.
Does they clean aged logs for a long-running application? If not, it's
possible the local storage get full!!!

Re: cleaning yarn logs for long-running applications

Posted by Julio Biason <ju...@azion.com>.
Hi Soheil,

That's something you probably want to take a look at logrotate:
https://linux.die.net/man/8/logrotate

(We didn't reach the point of generate massive number of logs yet here, but
that's the default route we take to solve this kind of issue.)

--
*Julio Biason*, Sofware Engineer
*AZION*  |  Deliver. Accelerate. Protect.