Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ingo Düppe <ma...@dueppe.com> on 2008/03/08 17:44:26 UTC

Reporting of multi-module project

Hello,

I like to exclude some of my modules within my multi-module projects
from beeing considered by report generating. For instance, I do like to
generate a aggregated javadoc report for all jar modules but not of the
model - module of andromda.

So how can I configure which modules should be considered during report
/ site generation?

Regards,
Ingo

Re: Reporting of multi-module project

Posted by Ingo Düppe <ma...@dueppe.com>.
Hi,

thx, but this doesn't help me. My problem is that andromda-maven-plugin
will run once or even more for each report plugin in the reporting
section. Each code generation will take two minutes and more.  So the
best way would be to stop the andromda-maven-plugin during site generation.

This is my configuration of andromda-maven-plugin
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.andromda.maven.plugins</groupId>
                <artifactId>andromda-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>3.2</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                          <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
                <configuration>
                    <configurationUri>
                        ${pom.basedir}/src/main/config/${andromda.config}
                    </configurationUri>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Maybe it is possible to say if the goal is site generation than do not
run this plugin?

Regards,
Ingo

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.

Posted by Ingo Düppe <ma...@dueppe.com>.
Martin Höller schrieb:
> On Saturday 08 March 2008 Ingo Düppe wrote:
>
>> I like to exclude some of my modules within my multi-module projects
>> from beeing considered by report generating. For instance, I do like to
>> generate a aggregated javadoc report for all jar modules but not of the
>> model - module of andromda.
>>

> What about using profiles? You can define the modules that shouldn't be
> considered during site generation in a profile which is only activated when
> you are not running site generation.
>
> hth,
> - martin

thank you martin for the hint. A speciale profile for generating the
sites work fine for me.

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.
Martin Höller schrieb:
> On Saturday 08 March 2008 Ingo Düppe wrote:
>
>> I like to exclude some of my modules within my multi-module projects
>> from beeing considered by report generating. For instance, I do like to
>> generate a aggregated javadoc report for all jar modules but not of the
>> model - module of andromda.
>>

> What about using profiles? You can define the modules that shouldn't be
> considered during site generation in a profile which is only activated when
> you are not running site generation.

Or in the modules that you do not want javadoc reporting on, add a
configuration section for the javadoc plugin which excludes all input
files..

Re: Reporting of multi-module project

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

--