Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by pf...@nebulus.org on 2001/06/18 19:36:51 UTC

Running Tomcat under Win 2K - help!

Hey all. I searched the archives and wasn't able to find any real good info on running Tomcat under Win 2K. I understand that it should be run in conjunction with Apache, but I can't even get it to run on it's own. I did have it running when my box was running Win 98, but Win 2K seems to be a little cranky/pickier about things.

Here's my setup:
Tomcat 3.2.2
Win 2K (service pack 1 and all updates)
JBuilder 4 Enterprise
JDK 1.3 (using the JDK that came with JBuilder for now)
Java add-ons: Neon Systems JDBC drivers

Environment variables:
*******************************
SET PATH=".";C:\APPS\MISC\ULTRAE~1;C:\JBUILDER4\JDK1.3\bin

rem - Set Classpath
SET CLASSPATH="."
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\JBuilder4\jdk1.3"
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\JBuilder4\jdk1.3\bin"
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\Tomcat\classes"
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\Tomcat\lib"
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;"C:\Java\Neon\JDBC\scjd12.jar"

rem - Tomcat Java server information
SET TOMCAT_HOME="C:\Java\Tomcat"
SET JAVA_HOME="C:\Java\JBuilder4\jdk1.3"

Now when I open up a command prompt and start "c:\Java\Tomcat\bin\tomcat run" I'll get an exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\Java\JBuilder4\jdk1/3\bin\java

If you look at the path, somehow the period in the jdk1.3 part of the path is getting set to a backslash. This is the only obvious problem that I can find. Has anybody got a work around for this on how to get Tomcat to run?

thanks for the help!