Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net> on 2004/02/13 18:05:58 UTC

Store type in GAtrributeInfo

I think we should add the attribute type to GAttributeInfo

Currently the type is figured out when GBeanMBean goes online and the
target's class can be loaded. This means things dealing with persistent
attributes (like the deployer) need to have the type information
specified by the user. This is a PITA.

I think it is better to put the burden on the developer rather than the
end user e.g.

GBeanInfoFactory.addAttribute("Foo", String.class, true);
<attribute name="Foo">Stuff</attribute>

is better than

GBeanInfoFactory.addAttribute("Foo", true);
<attribute name="Foo" type="java.lang.String">Stuff</attribute>

--
Jeremy