Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2005/07/11 00:51:58 UTC

getting started with JCR block

Hi

I am trying to get started with the JCR block, but I am bit confused
where to specify
the repository.xml (and jaas.config). I have added

<source-factories>
    <component-instance name="jcr"
class="org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory">
    </component-instance>

to cocoon.xconf and receive the following exception:

org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException: Cannot lookup repository
	at org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory.lazyInit(JCRSourceFactory.java:214)
	at org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory.getSource(JCRSourceFactory.java:226)
	at org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolverImpl.resolveURI(SourceResolverImpl.java:208)

btw, there seems to be a small typo within the Javadoc of JCRSourceFactory. I guess it should read
<component-instance> instead just <component>.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: getting started with JCR block

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am trying to get started with the JCR block, but I am bit confused
>> where to specify
>> the repository.xml (and jaas.config). I have added
>>
>> <source-factories>
>>    <component-instance name="jcr"
>> class="org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory">
>>    </component-instance>
>>
>> to cocoon.xconf and receive the following exception:
>>
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException: Cannot lookup
>> repository
>>     at
>> org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory.lazyInit(JCRSourceFactory.java:214)
>>
>>     at
>> org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory.getSource(JCRSourceFactory.java:226)
>>
>>     at
>> org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolverImpl.resolveURI(SourceResolverImpl.java:208)

>> btw, there seems to be a small typo within the Javadoc of
>> JCRSourceFactory. I guess it should read
>> <component-instance> instead just <component>.
>

> Hi, the JCR block is pretty new. IIRC, Sylvain is on vacations now, he
> started the block.

right

> I believe he has the best knowledge of it now. Since the block is new,
> perhaps you should move the question to the dev list and maybe someone
> else can answer your question.

thanks

Michi

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to get started with the JCR block, but I am bit confused
> where to specify
> the repository.xml (and jaas.config). I have added
>
> <source-factories>
>    <component-instance name="jcr"
> class="org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory">
>    </component-instance>
>
> to cocoon.xconf and receive the following exception:
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException: Cannot lookup
> repository
>     at
> org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory.lazyInit(JCRSourceFactory.java:214)
>
>     at
> org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory.getSource(JCRSourceFactory.java:226)
>
>     at
> org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolverImpl.resolveURI(SourceResolverImpl.java:208)

> btw, there seems to be a small typo within the Javadoc of
> JCRSourceFactory. I guess it should read
> <component-instance> instead just <component>.

Hi, the JCR block is pretty new. IIRC, Sylvain is on vacations now, he
started the block. I believe he has the best knowledge of it now. Since