Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/14 13:44:47 UTC

Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Hello list!

One year ago I was thinking about "Do Apache Camel needs a SAP
integration?".

Last week I got an announcement from Mulesoft and their SAP integration
[1]. And now I'm thinking about it again: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP
integration? Did you already missed this integration?

I'm highly interested in your opinion.

[1] http://www.mulesoft.com/sap-integration

Best,
Christian

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Thomas!

I'm interested in it. I would like to have a camel-sap component at Camel
extra [1] what is not the case at present.

If your camel-sap component use the SAP JCo library, I think this will not
be an option because we cannot (we are not allowed to) add the JCo
dependency in any Maven repository. But in any way, it would be cool if you
share your solution with the community.

[1] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/

Best,
Christian

Posted by Thomas Weinschenk <th...@infoserve.endress.com>.
Hi Christian,

I figured out that with JCo 3 SAP removed the readXml function. In the
meanwhile I added my own XMLReader to do the same.
I am waiting for confirmation from my company that I am allowed to publish
the code…should not be an issue. Once I got the confirmation I will include
the licensing information (ASL for the non SAP part) and a small
documentation and publish it at github.
I am not sure if I am able to publish all test cases as a SAP system is
needed to run the tests.
Furthermore the SAP license problem is really a pity.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Thomas,

I am also interested in the component. Perhaps you can put it to github.
Make sure to put licensing information into your code so people know
what they may do with it.

Christian

Posted by sekaijin <je...@sap.aphp.fr>.
Hi,

I've me to writed a camel-sap component based on JCO 3
it use xml based data to send and recive RFC SAP IDOCS
the consumer fix some headers from EDI_DC40 segment like idoc_type
The messageId is fixed with the idoc number

A+JYT

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Posted by Björn Bength <bj...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I could do that later, but cant you just pull it off of github?
The component is still used by our client and i havent got any complaints
so far.
Thanks to the great hibersap :)

Im also interested in what a component working with xml and jco directly
would bring to the table.
(Im not an sap expert)

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Björn!

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Carsten!

Any news about the licensing stuff of Hibersap? It looks like you still use
the GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE [1].

[1] http://hibersap.sourceforge.net/hibersap-1.0/license.html

Best,
Christian

Posted by Fernando Ribeiro <we...@fernandoribeiro.eti.br>.
The most important thing here is that the component is published, be it in
camel-extra or in a separate project. Licensing has long prevented
integration products to be as complete as they could. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by Björn Bength <bj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it can and it's probably the best option.

Hadrian

Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect
Talend, Inc
http://coders.talend.com/
http://camelbot.blogspot.com/

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I don't think hosting at the asf is an option (if that's what you meant)
but Romain's proposal works and is imho the best option.

Hadrian

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Björn Bength <bj...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Erker, Carsten" <Ca...@akquinet.de>.
Hi Christian,

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Carsten,

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Posted by Björn Bength <bj...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Guillaume Yziquel <gu...@crossing-tech.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
We cannot host such kind of component directly at Apache [1], but at
apache-extra on googlecode [2].
I could imagine this is an EE feature for which some users are looking for.
I will have a look at it in the next days...

And if you are the owner of the code, you may know we love contributions...
:-)

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
[2] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/?redir=1

Best,
Christian

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Björn,

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Do Apache Camel needs a SAP integration?

Posted by Björn Bength <bj...@gmail.com>.
Hi