Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Siyanat <cy...@yahoo.co.in> on 2015/08/01 16:06:09 UTC

Cannot create users in syncope .

I am trying out the syncope IM system. After trying unsuccessfully to sync
data with Apache DS
<http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/Issues-connecting-apache-syncope-with-apache-DS-td5708095.html>

I am trying to add a simple user manually to syncope as defined in the wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Users

My environment is

Apache syncope v 1.2.4
OS Windows 7 64 bit

I have installed syncope using create syncope project > deploy in real
environment guide.
It is configured with mysql.

However I am getting this error

Any help will be much appreciated

Re: Cannot create users in syncope .

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 05/08/2015 09:29, Siyanat wrote:
> [...]
>>> Hi Francesco ,
>>>
>>> Fair enough , I tried the standalone version which has the list of
>>> users. I
>>> am trying out the http api now . When I am trying to get a single user
>>> from
>>> username . I am getting the entire list of users .
>>> Here is my python requests
>>> [...]
>> Please take a look at REST API reference:
>>
>> http://syncope.apache.org/rest/1.2/index.html

Hi,
I guess you've solved what reported above, good.

> Hi ,
>
> I am playing around with the HTTP API for the standalone version. Now I read
> in the guide that to persist the changes in standalone version we need to do
> this
>
> If you want instead to make your changes persistent, replace
> jpa.url=jdbc:h2:mem:syncopedb;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1
> with
> jpa.url=jdbc:h2:syncopedb;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1
> in webapps/syncope/WEB-INF/classes/persistence.properties from the Apache
> Tomcat directory.
>
> After doing the same and restarting tomcat I get session expired error every
> time I try to log in.
> Is there any way to persist the changes.

After checking again, I have updated instructions at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+standalone+distribution#RunSyncopestandalonedistribution-Internalstorage

It should be working now.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Cannot create users in syncope .

Posted by Siyanat <cy...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi
ilgrosso wrote
> [...]

> http://www.tirasa.net/
>
> Involved at The Apache Software Foundation:
> member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC
> http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Hi ,

I am playing around with the HTTP API for the standalone version. Now I read
in the guide that to persist the changes in standalone version we need to do
this

If you want instead to make your changes persistent, replace
jpa.url=jdbc:h2:mem:syncopedb;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1
with
jpa.url=jdbc:h2:syncopedb;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1
in webapps/syncope/WEB-INF/classes/persistence.properties from the Apache
Tomcat directory.

After doing the same and restarting tomcat I get session expired error every
time I try to log in.
Is there any way to persist the changes.

Thanks
Siyanat

Re: Cannot create users in syncope .

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Siyanat <cy...@yahoo.co.in>.
ilgrosso wrote
> Hi Siyanat,
> it seems - from Nabble, because here via e-mail nothing is shown - that
> you have some configuration error.
>
> If I were you, I'd rather start with Apache Syncope via standalone
> distribution:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+standalone+distribution
>
> which contains several pre-defined resources and configurations
> (including synchronization from ApacheDS).
>
> You are free to experiment there - and if you mess up with something you
> just need to re-start and everything is cleared up.
>
> Once understood few general concepts, you should also be able to move to
> some advanced configurations like as the one you are currently
> attempting to run.
>
> HTH
> Regards.
>
> On 01/08/2015 16:06, Siyanat wrote:
>> I am trying out the syncope IM system. After trying unsuccessfully to
>> sync
>> data with Apache DS
>> &lt;http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/Issues-connecting-apache-syncope-with-apache-DS-td5708095.html&gt;
>>
>> I am trying to add a simple user manually to syncope as defined in the
>> wiki
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Users
>>
>> My environment is
>>
>> Apache syncope v 1.2.4
>> OS Windows 7 64 bit
>>
>> I have installed syncope using create syncope project > deploy in real
>> environment guide.
>> It is configured with mysql.
>>

>> However I am getting this error
>>
>> [Nothing shown here]
>>
>> Any help will be much appreciated
>
> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>
> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> http://www.tirasa.net/
>
> Involved at The Apache Software Foundation:
> member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC
> http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Hi Francesco ,

Fair enough , I tried the standalone version which has the list of users. I
am trying out the http api now . When I am trying to get a single user from
username . I am getting the entire list of users .
Here is my python requests

Please check nabble as the raw text is not being shown in email

Re: Cannot create users in syncope .

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi Siyanat,