Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/18 00:17:11 UTC

Contrib table links don't work with client persisted source

Hi,

(Tap 4.0.2, Tomcat 5.5)
I have a report page "ReportXYZ" that displays a table of data.
abstract class Datapage extends BasePage
abstract class ReportXYZ extends DataPage

When I changed my Table's data source from @Persist("session") to
@Persist("client"), the links on the page stop working.  The embedded
url is very long, which may be screwing things up.

There are some other properties that need to be persisted.  These
properties have nothing to do with the user's session, and they should
be page specific. All the persisted fields are defined with
annotations, none are in the jwc.

All this persisting is specified in the Datapage class, which the
report's page class further extends.

The data source is an array list of custom row objects.  Each row has
a map of custom data items.  The custom data items class stores raw
and display data.
(I act on the raw data for calculations when necessary, and the
display methods render the data in the correct format)

Every class mentioned here implements serializable.

I've tried adding this setting to the table, but it did not help:
tableSessionStateManager="ognl:new
org.apache.tapestry.contrib.table.model.common.FullTableSessionStateManager()

I want to try and use SimpleTableSessionStateManager(objDataModel,
objColumnModel), but I don't have direct access to the columnModel at
this minute.

Any wile ideas or random guesses?
A problem of this flavor has been haunting me for weeks now.