Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rachel McConnell <ra...@instructables.com> on 2008/01/28 20:43:06 UTC

Interpretation of Solr log messages

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is a Solr question, but any pointers would be
helpful.  I am seeing this kind of thing in the stdout logs (I believe
it to be entirely normal):

[10:58:26.507] /select
qt=relatedinstructables&q=music%0awall%0amount%0aguitar%0adiy%0astand%0amusicianhome+NOT+E7Z1HY8HQ5ES9J4QIQ&version=2.2&rows=8&wt=json
0 341

I don't know how to interpret the last items on the line, though (0
341).  It appears that Solr uses the Java Logging API (as opposed to
log4j or another library) and I've looked through the docs for that
but have not found anyplace that provides output interpretation.  The
initial timestamp is placed there by the servlet container, Resin, as
configured in its conf file; that's the only item of logging
configuration there, though.

If this were log4j output I could tell from its configuration file
what those numbers were, but I don't see any kind of log configuration
file with our Solr release.  My guess is that they are times, possibly
the first one is the request time in seconds and the second one is
request times in millis or microseconds, but I haven't been able to
verify this.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rachel

Re: Interpretation of Solr log messages

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Thanks Hoss, so then it's actually the same values as returned in the
: query response header, e.g. (JSON format):

i believe so yes.

-Hoss

Re: Interpretation of Solr log messages

Posted by Rachel McConnell <ra...@instructables.com>.
Thanks Hoss, so then it's actually the same values as returned in the
query response header, e.g. (JSON format):

{"responseHeader":{"status":0,"QTime":209},"response":{"numFound":2574,
... (omitted)

thx,
Rachel