Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Steshin <vl...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/04 20:23:56 UTC

Question: network issues of single node.

     Hi, Igniters.

     I wanted to ask how one node may not be able to connect to another
whereas rest of the cluster can. This got covered in [1]. In short: node
3 can't connect to nodes 4 and 5 but can to 1. At the same time, node 2
can connect to 4. Questions:

1) Is it real case? Where this problem came from?

2) If node 3 can’t connect to 4 and 5, does it mean node 2 can’t connect
to 4 (and 5) too?

Sergey, Dmitry maybe you bring light (I see you in [1])? I'm
participating in [2] and found this backward connection checking.
Answering would help us a lot.

Thanks!

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7163<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7163>

[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-45%3A+Crash+Recovery+Speed-Up<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-45%3A+Crash+Recovery+Speed-Up>

Re: Question: network issues of single node.

Posted by Sergey Chugunov <se...@gmail.com>.
Of course I meant ticket [1] increased cluster stability in situation of
blinking network.

Posted by Sergey Chugunov <se...@gmail.com>.
Vladimir,

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Vladimir,

Such behavior can be introduced by an erroneous firewall configuration (I
can't find a link, but I remember that quite a large number of major
incidents are caused by an incorrect configuration change). If such a case
can be detected, we prefer Ignite to shutdown some of the nodes rather than
leave the whole cluster hanging on connection await.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Finally, I got your question.

Posted by Vladimir Steshin <vl...@gmail.com>.
Denis,