Posted to users@solr.apache.org by NonStopOPS <co...@nonstopops.io> on 2022/04/21 13:53:27 UTC

TLOG replicas: replication time and openSearcher true or false?

Hi all,

I've got a question about TLOG replicas.

We are running Solr 8.7 using TLOG replicas.  Despite the logic in
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/branch_8_7/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/cloud/ReplicateFromLeader.java,
the replication to the TLOGs seems to happen (based on logging) mostly
based on the full value of autoCommmitMaxTime, though sometimes we do
see it in half that time.  However, when we have autoSoftCommmitMaxTime
defined as well, it ignores that time.  I don't understand how, but
that's just what we see.

To force replication every 15 seconds, I commented out the
autoSoftCommit and put in a hard commit time of 15 seconds. That seems
to work just fine.  But my question is: should openSearcher be true or
false?  If I understand correctly, it should be true, but I've found
some confusing statements in various places so I just want to confirm.

TIA,

Lajos

Lajos Moczar

lajos@nonstopops.io

www.nonstopops.io <https://www.nonstopops.io>
+44 (0) 20 3786 7035
+44 (0) 7902 879 183
3-4 Devonshire St, London W1W 5DT

NonStopOps is a division of Zero Zero Technologies Ltd. Registered in
England and Wales, No. 9307489.

<https://www.linkedin.com/in/lajosm/>