Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by stchu <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/25 11:00:54 UTC

about dfsadmin -report

Hi,

I do a test about the datanode crash. I stop the networking on one of the
datanode.
The Web app and fsck report that datanode dead after 10 mins. But dfsadmin
-report
are not report that over 25 mins. Is this correct? Why?

Thanks for your guide.

stchu

Re: about dfsadmin -report

Posted by stchu <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your response, Bill.
But I still feel confused that why the results from "dfsadmin -report" and
"Web UI and fsck" is inconsistent?

Besides, I note that on the web ui (NameNode:50070), the "Heap Size" is
963MB. In my configuration, the
NameNode and the JobTracker are on the same machine. I use the default
configuration for heap size.
Why the Heap Size shown on the web ui is not 1024MB?

Thanks a lot for your responses~

stchu

Re: about dfsadmin -report

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.
The time is configurable:

Re: about dfsadmin -report

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.
stchu wrote:
> But when the web-ui shows the node dead, -report still shows "in service"
> and the living nodes=3 (in web-ui: living=2 dead=1).

please file a jira and describe how to reproduce in as much detail as
you can in a comment.

thanks,
Raghu.

Re: about dfsadmin -report