Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@Coscend.com> on 2015/10/17 20:24:20 UTC

3.0.7 Screensharing JNLP applet exposes :5080 even in reverse proxy

Dear Fellow OpenMeetings Developers,

In OM deployments that have a reverse proxy to OM 3.0.6 and 3.0.7, one
of the security and user convenience features of screensharing in OM
3.0.6 that is beneficial to enterprises is not available in OM 3.0.7.
This feature is described below.  Is there a way to add back that
feature in OM 3.0.7+?

When we initiate screensharing in a conference room, the JNLP applet
requires different entries in Java Control Panel while running Java 8
(not required for Java 7).
·         In 3.0.6, while downloading and running the JNLP, the applet
displays the security certificate warning followed by the reverse proxy
URL, i.e., http://<reverse_Proxy_URL>   and hides
http://<OM_server_URI>:5080

·         In 3.0.7, security certificate warning is not displayed which
is an enhancement. But the applet displays http://<OM_server_URI>:5080,
and not the <reverse_Proxy_URL>.

How can we modify the 3.0.7 code to add back the 3.0.6 feature where
http://reverse_Proxy_URL is displayed during applet download, and hide
the http://<OM_server_URI>:5080?
Thank you.

Sincerely,

Susheel Jalali
Coscend Communications Solutions

_Susheel.Jalali@Coscend.com_

Web site:www.Coscend.com <http://www.coscend.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.Coscend.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>

Re: 3.0.7 Screensharing JNLP applet exposes :5080 even in reverse proxy

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I believe all versions starting 3.0.4 should not display any error/warning
URL displayed might be taken from application.base.url setting
I'll try to check the JNLP and RTMP URL creation mechanism

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:24 AM, Susheel Jalali <Susheel.Jalali@coscend.com

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax