Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan van Mansum <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/27 10:00:11 UTC

Centrally managing configuration files in a multi-module project

Hello group,

I have a multi-module project and I want to use the same jalopy (code
formatting)
settings for all the modules. I tried to add the following to the main pom.xml:

<plugins>
<plugin>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>jalopy-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-alpha-1</version>
<configuration>
                    <convention>${basedir}/docs/jalopy/jalopy.xml</convention>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>process-classes</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>format</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
</plugin>

--
Jan van Mansum

Re: Centrally managing configuration files in a multi-module project

Posted by Jan van Mansum <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Brett!

It turns out that the jalopy plug-in does support multi-module projects ...

http://mojo.codehaus.org/jalopy-maven-plugin/examples/multimodule.html

Sorry for not looking at the docs a bit closer before firing off
questions on the mailing
list. But thanks anyway for drawing my attention to the dependency
plug-in. I think
I have some other problems that can be solved with it.

Best regards,

Jan van Mansum.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan van Mansum <ja...@gmail.com>.