Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/11 13:52:55 UTC

Re: Scritping a BeanShell PreProcessor

On 30/07/2008, rmiller <ro...@cobancorporation.com> wrote:

>  I'm attempting to build a search query in a BeanShell Preprocessor. I get a
>  search term from a CVS Dataset Config and store in the variable queryTerm.
>  Then in the preprocessor I use the following code to build the query and
>  store in a user defined variable:
>
>  String _query = "%5Bfullname%5D%20contains%20" + ${queryTerm} + "%5F";

Try removing the String variable type.

>  vars.put("staffQuery", _query);
>
>  Here's the error from the log when I run this:
>
>  2008/07/30 08:41:00 ERROR - jmeter.util.BeanShellInterpreter: Error invoking
>  bsh method: eval        Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``String _query =
>  "%5Bfullname%5D%20contains%20" + ${queryTerm} + "%5E"; ;'' : Typed variable
>  declaration : Attempt to access property on undefined variable or class name

This means that the queryTerm variable is not defined at the time the
script was processed.

>  I've also tried vars.get("${queryTerm}") and vars.get("queryTerm")  but it
>  just returns a null value.
>
>  How do I access the query term in the preprocessor?

${queryTerm} - will be replaced by the value of the variable before
BeanShell sees the script
or
vars.get("queryTerm") - allows BeanShell to look up the variable itself.

Why not just use

%5Bfullname%5D%20contains%20${queryTerm}%5F

in the sampler?

No need to use BeanShell just to build up a string.