Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by nitrogin <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/15 06:02:28 UTC

Setting PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a seemingly simple task of setting the
PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX  (PidTagConversationIndex) on my item before I send my
email out. I've tried to set other MAPI properties like PR_COVERSATION_TOPIC
using the proppatch method and they seem to go through fine. But for
PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX this doesn't quite fly since that property is of type
PT_BINARY. Looks like Slide's proppatch method is quite restrictive, as in
it requires that the value of the MAPI property you set is of type String.
So since PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX is of type PT_BINARY, things seem to not work
out in this case. Can anyone help out and let me know of a way to tackle
this issue?

One alternative that I was considering was to use Exchange Web Services
(EWS). Does anyone know if the same end can be achieved by using EWS? And if
so, how should I go about it?

All responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nitin