Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Neeraj Sharma <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/18 06:49:39 UTC

J2EE EAI & MINA

Hi,
  I  am new to J2EE Connector Architecture. I want to know ,is it possible to intergrate MINA with JCA (J2EE Connector Archicture) using RA (Resource Adapter) and MDB (Message Driven Bean) ?
  Thanks in advance,
  Neeraj

---------------------------------

Re: J2EE EAI & MINA

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Neeraj,

On 2/18/06, Neeraj Sharma <ni...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I  am new to J2EE Connector Architecture. I want to know ,is it possible
> to intergrate MINA with JCA (J2EE Connector Archicture) using RA (Resource
> Adapter) and MDB (Message Driven Bean) ?

Of course you can only if your application server allows you to include the
3rd party JAR.  AFAIK, you can do this with any application server.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

RE: J2EE EAI & MINA

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I want to know, is it possible to intergrate MINA with JCA
> (J2EE Connector Archicture) using RA (Resource Adapter) and
> MDB (Message Driven Bean) ?

Supporting an MDB means having an EJB container, so you would really be
looking outside of MINA, but the idea of JCA/JMS (e.g., onMessage() is
interesting.

More people are probably familar with JMS, so I'll just provide a reference
to an article on JCA 1.5 inbound connectors:

  http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-2005/jw-0606-jca.html

Keeping in mind that JCA materials usually talk about MDBs, here is a
reference for using it with POJOs: http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs

This could be quite interesting, especially considering the JNDI usage.

	--- Noel