Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by "Sankara Subramanian,Karthik Maharajan" <sk...@ufl.edu> on 2017/01/31 01:48:51 UTC

schema "madlib" does not exist error on Mac OS Sierra

MADlib community,
I am using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2. I have installed both postgresql and Madlib as per the “Super Quick Start” instruction in this page ->  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/Installation+Guide. The installations were successful. However, when I try to run the sample logistic regression query from the tutorial page,

SELECT madlib.logregr_train(
    'patients',                                 -- source table
    'patients_logregr',                         -- output table
    'second_attack',                            -- labels
    'ARRAY[1, treatment, trait_anxiety]',       -- features
    NULL,                                       -- grouping columns
    20,                                         -- max number of iteration
    'irls'                                      -- optimizer
    );

I am getting the error,

ERROR:  schema "madlib" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT madlib.logregr_train(

Should I manually create the schema for madlib? Please let me know what I am missing here.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik Maharajan Sankara Subramanian
Computer and Information Science and Engineering Department
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL-32611

Re: schema "madlib" does not exist error on Mac OS Sierra

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
I don't think the mailing list supports attachments. At least I cannot see
them.  Maybe cut and paste in-line.

Frank

Posted by "Sankara Subramanian,Karthik Maharajan" <sk...@ufl.edu>.
I guess pasting the images did not work. Please find the screenshots attached,

MADlib.png —> Shows successful installation of MADlib.
postgresql.png —> Shows the error I had mentioned. I execute this query after creating the table and inserting 20 rows as in this tutorial page --> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/Quick+Start+Guide+for+Users

[cid:8C8230D7-18AC-4E6A-8036-05B174287DF1][cid:539D4CA1-644F-4D0B-9991-BB40E405EEDB]

On Jan 31, 2017, at 10:25 PM, Sankara Subramanian,Karthik Maharajan <sk...@ufl.edu>> wrote:

Hi Frank,
Please find the screenshots below,

This is the error I had mentioned. I execute this query after creating the table and inserting 20 rows as in this tutorial page

Posted by "Sankara Subramanian,Karthik Maharajan" <sk...@ufl.edu>.
Hi Frank,
Please find the screenshots below,

This is the error I had mentioned. I execute this query after creating the table and inserting 20 rows as in this tutorial page
-> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/Quick+Start+Guide+for+Users

[cid:B6D4E7BF-CBF4-4E8A-B8AE-83676C544DD0]

The next screenshot shows that MADlib has been successfully installed.

[cid:BB51D11C-4442-4B94-8595-825B8EB8F635]

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Karthik,