Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/17 17:23:19 UTC

Is it possible to filter on particular field using terms component?

Hi,

I am using terms component for auto suggest feature and it works great on
the complete index.

I am more interested in using terms component for particular subset of
index.. something like I want to add a field filter criteria so that the
terms components returns the terms corresponding to that particular doc
set.. not sure if it's possible?

In one of the forum I came across a posting (posted sometime back) which
states terms component act upon the entire index and its not possible to
restrict terms component to doc set using filter criteria..

Just want to confirm if this is true even now? We are using SOLR version
1.4..

Thanks,
Barani

Re: Is it possible to filter on particular field using terms component?

Posted by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com>.
Shalin,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I will try using facetcomponent to achieve the term suggest..

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:23 AM, bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using terms component for auto suggest feature and it works great on
> the complete index.
>
> I am more interested in using terms component for particular subset of
> index.. something like I want to add a field filter criteria so that the
> terms components returns the terms corresponding to that particular doc
> set.. not sure if it's possible?
>
> In one of the forum I came across a posting (posted sometime back) which
> states terms component act upon the entire index and its not possible to
> restrict terms component to doc set using filter criteria..
>
> Just want to confirm if this is true even now? We are using SOLR version
> 1.4..

Yes, it is still true. TermsComponent does not support filter queries.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.