Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Budi Wiyono <bu...@idola.net.id> on 2000/09/20 13:24:34 UTC

Re: More Info..... Install/set-up SOAP in a N-tier environment

Hi ...

How about helping Michele to build SOAP to xmlBlaster as 'MQ or MSMQ like
transport' ?
http://www.messageq.com/communications_middleware/tucker_2.html

Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 10:39:29 -0500
From: Michele Laghi
To: xmlBlaster Developer, xmlBlaster@server.xmlBlaster.org
Subject: Implementation of SOAP
Sender: owner-xmlblaster@xmlBlaster.org

Hi everybody,
I am currently starting to write the SOAP implementation for xmlBlaster. It
will be done in a similar way to XML-RPC.
The following will be added to the xmlBlaster tree (subject to change):

protocol --- soap -+- I_XmlBlaster.java (interface)

                  +- CallbackSoapDriver.java

                  +- XmlBlasterImpl.java

                  +- SoapDriver.java

                  +- SoapConnectionResource.java

                  +- SoapServerPool.java

client --- protocol --- soap --- XmlBlasterProxy.java

Besides that, additional conversion utility methods will be put into
util---protocol---ProtoConverter.

Greetings
Michele

At 11:44 19/09/00 -0500, George I Matkovits wrote:
>It all depends. For a very large Web-Farm you would use a scalable
configuration
>with 'auto-rollover' for reliability. A servlet container itself is not
>transactional. J2EE Application Servers are. Servlets/JSPs are good for User
>Interface Work but for Business Critical Processing (e.g. Data Base
Access) IMHO
>an AppServer  is required with its transactional attributes. In a real Web
>Services B2B environment Soap would be used over an MQ or MSMQ  like
transport
>talking to an Application Server (We would not want to loose an order for
a 747
>would we?) A 'real' MQ Series Soap client would be programmatically
notified by
>its 'pear' soap-server-object when its request has made it into a
>'transactionally safe' container.  PLEASE do not start now redesigning the
>Apache Soap Implementation  to do load balancing, talk transactionally to
EJBs
>and try to do everything for everyone all the time. IMHO creating scalable
and
>reliable large scale systems is  in the J2EE architecture's realm and NOT
Soaps.
>That is why there is room for RMI (over IIOP) and CORBA protocols in
addition to
>Soap. To my biased engineer mind Soap is just a 'firewall' piercing protocol
>(and currently the only good one) for fancy 'universal' ASCII data: called
XML.

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
I do not have MQ Series but IMHO  IBM is busily extending it for SOAP.
Someone form IBM might be able to help you.
Regards - George

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.