Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org> on 2006/01/24 02:10:37 UTC

Re: issues with figuring out which mp version is running

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:05:57 -0600
Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org> wrote:

>   I'll also update the docs to reflect this as there are a couple
>   of places this needs to change.

  Here is a patch to update the docs to get rid of the use of
  $mod_perl::VERSION in the 2.0 docs.  I've basically replaced
  any use of:

  use constant MP2 => ($mod_perl::VERSION >= 1.99);

  or the similar constructs with:

  use constant MP2 => ( exists $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} and
                        $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} >= 2 );

  I also removed a paragraph about how you need to make sure your
  module's $VERSION appears before using $mod_perl::VERSION in the code
  otherwise CPAN freaks out.  I removed it because it no longer made
  sense to have it there, since it wasn't talking about
  $mod_perl::VERSION any longer.

  Let me know if you want me to change anything.

 ---------------------------------
   Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
   http://www.wiles.org
 ---------------------------------

Re: issues with figuring out which mp version is running

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Frank Wiles wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:05:57 -0600
> Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org> wrote:
>

>>  I'll also update the docs to reflect this as there are a couple
>>  of places this needs to change.
>

>   Here is a patch to update the docs to get rid of the use of
>   $mod_perl::VERSION in the 2.0 docs.  I've basically replaced
>   any use of:
>
>   use constant MP2 => ($mod_perl::VERSION >= 1.99);
>
>   or the similar constructs with:
>
>   use constant MP2 => ( exists $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} and
>                         $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} >= 2 );
>
>   I also removed a paragraph about how you need to make sure your
>   module's $VERSION appears before using $mod_perl::VERSION in the code
>   otherwise CPAN freaks out.  I removed it because it no longer made
>   sense to have it there, since it wasn't talking about
>   $mod_perl::VERSION any longer.

Thanks Frank, committed.

Re: issues with figuring out which mp version is running

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Frank Wiles wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:05:57 -0600
> Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org> wrote:
>

>>  I'll also update the docs to reflect this as there are a couple
>>  of places this needs to change.
>

>   Here is a patch to update the docs to get rid of the use of
>   $mod_perl::VERSION in the 2.0 docs.  I've basically replaced
>   any use of:
>
>   use constant MP2 => ($mod_perl::VERSION >= 1.99);
>
>   or the similar constructs with:
>
>   use constant MP2 => ( exists $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} and
>                         $ENV{MOD_PERL_API_VERSION} >= 2 );
>
>   I also removed a paragraph about how you need to make sure your
>   module's $VERSION appears before using $mod_perl::VERSION in the code
>   otherwise CPAN freaks out.  I removed it because it no longer made
>   sense to have it there, since it wasn't talking about
>   $mod_perl::VERSION any longer.

Thanks Frank, committed.