Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by r d <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/23 20:00:07 UTC

Couldn't start jmeter.server on linux for distributed(remote) testing

Hi All,

I've been struggling to get remote testing working. I'm referring following document to follow steps:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_distributed_testing_step_by_step.pdf

I have jmeter master(GUI) server setup on linux64 bit machine. I was able to add windows as one of slave machine successfully. remote test is running fine on slave windows box. I'm trying to add couple more slaves (linux32, solaris spark and linux64). However I couldn't start jmeter.server on those boxes. Receiving port already in use:1099  exception. So I  tried changing port to something other than 1099 but no luck, same exception.

Also is it possible to set master server(GUI client) and slave on same box?

Could you please shed some light here why I'm receiving following exception:

java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1099; nested exception is:
        java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.listen(TCPTransport.java:249)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.exportObject(TCPTransport.java:184)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.exportObject(TCPEndpoint.java:382)
        at sun.rmi.transport.LiveRef.exportObject(LiveRef.java:116)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.exportObject(UnicastServerRef.java:180)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.setup(RegistryImpl.java:92)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.<init>(RegistryImpl.java:78)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.main(RegistryImpl.java:317)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:97)
        at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createServerSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:27)
        at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createServerSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:333)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newServerSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:622)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.listen(TCPTransport.java:237)
        ... 7 more

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Couldn't start jmeter.server on linux for distributed(remote) testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/10/2007, r d <ra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been struggling to get remote testing working. I'm referring following document to follow steps:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_distributed_testing_step_by_step.pdf
>
> I have jmeter master(GUI) server setup on linux64 bit machine. I was able to add windows as one of slave machine successfully. remote test is running fine on slave windows box. I'm trying to add couple more slaves (linux32, solaris spark and linux64). However I couldn't start jmeter.server on those boxes. Receiving port already in use:1099  exception. So I  tried changing port to something other than 1099 but no luck, same exception.

Do you mean it still reported 1099 as being in use, or did it report
the new port as being in use?

If the former, then you probably did not succeed in changing the port.

If the latter, try another port.

Note that it is the rmiregistry process that runs on port 1099. If rmi
is already running on the host you won't be able to start another
registry with the same port.

> Also is it possible to set master server(GUI client) and slave on same box?

Yes.

> Could you please shed some light here why I'm receiving following exception:
>
> java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1099; nested exception is:
>        java.net.BindException: Address already in use

As the message says - the port is already in use.