Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vito Manx <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/14 02:59:36 UTC

Problem with Artimus .04 on Tomcat 4.1.8b: "No getter method..."

I'm a newbie trying to run the Artimus .04 sample app
on Tomcat 4.1.8-beta. (I assume it is .04 because it's
dated 6/12/02.) I did all the steps in "Quick-Start
Configuration notes for Tomcat 4.0" in the Artimus
README.TXT, but I didn't have that nice "out of box"
experience I wanted.

These steps included putting jdbc2_0-std-ext.jar,
jta.jar, and xerces.jar in the $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib
folder. This was the only step that gave me doubts,
because contrary to the README, only
jdbc2_0-std-ext.jar was in the Artimus war, and it was
in a different location than the README said. Trivial,
but this is the sort of thing that worries a newbie.

So why would I get this exception?

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception
forwarding for name welcome:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No getter method
available for property forward for bean under name
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:246)

Thanks for providing such a hefty sample app. I'm
excited to get it running.