Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by yaoxiaohua <ya...@outlook.com> on 2016/01/14 01:13:15 UTC

Determine HDP Memory Configuration Settings

Hi,

                When we configure memory in yarn-site.xml, we find a
recommend in hortonworks  website.

Determine HDP Memory Configuration Settings

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.0/bk_installing_manual
ly_book/content/determine-hdp-memory-config.html

       python yarn-utils.py -c 16 -m 64 -d 4 -k True

                my question is that, for first parameter is the

-c CORES

The number of cores on each host.

                How to calculate the number of cores on each host?

                Use nproc?  Or other tools?

                I know that our host's physical cores is 8, logical cores is
32.

                I should use which number? 32 or 8?

Best Regards,

Evan Yao

RE: Determine HDP Memory Configuration Settings

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Hi Evan,

In most of the scenarios  hardware we have is like 8 dual core cpu's which are hyper threaded
so logically its 8*2*2 = 32 cores.  Usually  this logical cpu cores are got by executing the command
grep -c /proc/cpuinfo
By logical, assumption is that in ideal case 32 threads/processess can run concurrently.
But based on the overload we can configure accordingly.
Hope this helps or may be you can reframe your question so that we can help better.

Regards,
Naga

________________________________

Posted by yaoxiaohua <ya...@outlook.com>.