Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Cortes <dc...@fib.upc.edu> on 2004/12/02 13:36:41 UTC

types of formats who support Lucene?

Hi I''m newer in this mail list and what you can see my English is very
terrible.
I 'm having a study to select the best technology  for a motor serching
of an application web with a ratio of 1000 users/day.
I  read a little bit of Lucene what I don't know what file types support
the search.
If you can reply my or say me a page that tells this I regret you.
Thanks of a "novatillo"

Re: types of formats who support Lucene?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Lucene itself indexes java.lang.String or java.io.Reader data.  It is
completely up to your application to parse the data out of whatever
source it is in and hand it to Lucene.  There are a number of
open-source libraries that make parsing XML, MS Word, Excel, HTML, and
other formats trivial.  If you search the e-mail list archives you'll
find pointers to tons of options.

	Erik