Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Erik Svensson <Er...@nasdaq.com> on 2021/06/09 13:49:06 UTC

[math] Problems building Commons Math4 Legacy

Hi!

I’m trying and failing to build commons-math and it looks like the class LinearCombination is either in the wrong package.
In DerivativeStructure for instance, LinearCombination is declared as org.apache.commons.numbers.arrays.LinearCombination instead of org.apache.commons.numbers.core.LinearCombination.
I think I have pulled the last from master so I’m a bit stumped.
Is fixing this (in some way) something that is in the works or should I do something?

Cheers

Erik Svensson
Principal Architect
Strategic Programs, Platform & Product Engineering

[Nasdaq, Inc.]<http://www.nasdaq.com/>

Desk
Mobile
Email
Address

+ 46 8 405 66 39
+ 46 73 449 66 39
erik.svensson@nasdaq.com
Tullvaktsvägen 15, Stockholm

[signature_1397800798]<https://www.facebook.com/nasdaq/>

[signature_1424503647]<https://twitter.com/nasdaq>

[signature_1369595666]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/nasdaq>

[signature_1267502779]<https://www.instagram.com/nasdaq/>

[signature_696719070]<https://www.pinterest.com/nasdaq/>

rewritetomorrow.com<http://rewritetomorrow.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient and may constitute non-public information.  Personal data in this email is governed by our Privacy Policy at  https://www.nasdaq.com/privacy-statement  unless explicitly excluded from it; please see the section in the policy entitled “Situations Where This Privacy Policy Does Not Apply” for circumstances where different privacy terms govern emailed personal data.  If you received this e-mail in error, disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Instead, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive any work product or other applicable legal privilege(s) by the transmission of this message.

Re: [math] Problems building Commons Math4 Legacy

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Le mer. 9 juin 2021 à 16:10, Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 at 15:02, Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Le mer. 9 juin 2021 à 15:58, Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> a
> > écrit :
> > >
> > I'm doing it...
> >

> OK. I was trying to fix the math build using the default maven goal.
> Currently there are issues. See separate e-mail thread on the CI build
> goals.
>
> I've pushed the spotbugs exclusion and I will wait until you are done.

Done.

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Le mer. 9 juin 2021 à 15:58, Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 at 14:55, Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > Le mer. 9 juin 2021 à 15:49, Erik Svensson <Er...@nasdaq.com> a
> > écrit :
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >

> > > I’m trying and failing to build commons-math and it looks like the class
> > LinearCombination is either in the wrong package.
> > >
> > > In DerivativeStructure for instance, LinearCombination is declared as
> > org.apache.commons.numbers.arrays.LinearCombination instead of
> > org.apache.commons.numbers.core.LinearCombination.
> > >
> > > I think I have pulled the last from master so I’m a bit stumped.
> > >
> > > Is fixing this (in some way) something that is in the works
> >
> > Yes; sorry for the inconvenience.
> > This part of the "Commons Numbers" API has been undergoing
> > changes in the last 12 hours.
> >
> > > or should I do something?
> >
> > No.  Hopefully it'll soon come back to normal.
> > This glitch will probably reoccur with
> >     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUMBERS-162
>

> The maths project is using snapshot dependencies on commons numbers as it
> is currently not released.
>
> This class has recently been updated. It was moved to a different
> package and the method names have been updated.
>
> I will fix master when the latest snapshot of number has been deployed to
> the snapshot repo.

I'm doing it...

Gilles

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.