Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shu Yan Chan (UK)" <sh...@eu.citrix.com> on 2000/08/18 17:24:18 UTC

RE: adding context to tomcat

>The configuration needs to be done in Apache, but I can't tell what >you've
done to get Apache to
>work with Tomcat so far...

Thanks. I have reinstalled Tomcat3.1  Now I can access the example  servlet
but cannot access servlets in the context I created myself.

I created a context at /home/shuyanc/testHTML
I added the lines in server.xml
<Context path="/shuyanc" docBase="/home/shuyanc/testHTML" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
</Context>

And in the /home/shuyanc/testHTML directory, I have one sub-directory
WEB-INF and an index.html
in WEB-INF, I got two sub-directories: classes and lib
lib contains the jar files required by the servlet in classes

For some reason, Tomcat do not generate the tomcat-apache.conf
I appended the tomcat.conf to the httpd.conf of Apache
and I also added
Alias /shuyanc "/home/shuyanc/testHTML"
<Directory "/home/shuyanc/testHTML">
	Options MultiViews Indexes FollowSymlinks
</Directory>
ApJservMount /shuyanc/servlet /shuyanc

And I got a page not find message from my browser when I try to run the
servlet
It is ok if I use the Tomcat port 8080
and TOmcat can serves the index.html as well if I change to
ApJservMount /shuyanc /shuyanc

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks.
Yours,
Shu Yan

RE: adding context to tomcat

Posted by Toby Piper <tp...@CompCraft.com>.
You need to add the context to the uriworkermap.properties files too. Using IIS
and not Apache, I have to stop and start both the Tomcat AND the web services.
Once in a while it seems that I have to reboot.