Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Jain, Neeraj" <ne...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2004/10/14 09:00:33 UTC

problem with file upload

Version: cocoon-2.1-M1.jar

I get classcastexception while attempting to upload a file. Following is the
stacktrace

       at com.mypackage.FileUploadAction.act(FileUploadAction.java:275)
       at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke
(ActTypeNode.java:133)
       at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
de.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
       at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNod
e.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)
       at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNo
de.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)

Line 275 in FileUploadAction.java is

         PartInMemory filePart = (PartInMemory) request.get("uploadfile");

Re: problem with file upload

Posted by Scott Yeadon <sc...@anu.edu.au>.
Sounds like "uploadfile" isn't of the type you're casting it to - maybe
check where you're setting the "uploadfile" request attribute that it's
the object type you think it is...e.g. maybe you're storing in the
request a PartOnDisk but erroneously casting to PartInMemory when you do
the "get"?

Scott.