Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by marialuisa capolongo <mc...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/05 15:54:50 UTC

Linking xerces with cxx on Digital Unix

Dear All,
hereunder the description of the problem which is occurring:

We developped a process , Voice XML Interpreter written in c++ , which uses
the xerces library v.1.4.0.
This process code needs to link a platform library written in C providing
file with ".a" extention.

If we link the xerces with the platform library ,the VXML Interpreter
process is not able to access correctly the data loaded in shared memory.

We made some tests in order to understand the malfunction and in details we
developed a process that just reads the shared memory printing the memory
addresses and its data.

If this process is not linked with the xerces library it works fine.
If the same process is linked with xerces library it prints correctly the
memory addresses but not the data.

We are developing on
Digital unix tru64 with C++ compiler cxx v.6.2-024
The platform library is written in C code
The VXML Interpreter in C++ code.

Hoping for Your support,best regards
Marialuisa Capolongo