Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org> on 2019/10/01 16:35:16 UTC

ApacheCon North America 2020, project participation

Hi, folks,

(Note: You're receiving this email because you're on the dev@ list for
one or more Apache Software Foundation projects.)

For ApacheCon North America 2019, we asked projects to participate in
the creation of project/topic specific tracks. This was very successful,
with about 15 projects stepping up to curate the content for their
track/summit/event.

We need to know if you're going to do the same for 2020. This informs
how large a venue we book for the event, how long the event runs, and
many other considerations.

If you intend to participate again in 2020, we need to hear from you on
the planners@apachecon.com mailing list. This is not a firm commitment,
but we need to know if you're, say, 75% confident that you'll be
participating.

And, no, we do not have any details at all, but assume that it will be
in roughly the same calendar space as this year's event, ie, somewhere
in the August-October timeframe.

Thanks.

--
Rich Bowen
VP Conferences

Re: ApacheCon North America 2020, project participation

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello Rich,

Please count on the Apache Ignite community. We'll collect topics and find
those who will be able to present at the NA event.

-
Denis

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Rich and the Planners,
I would be happy to participate in organizing the integration or
Apache Camel track for the next ApacheCon.

I would suggest that the same principle is applied to the rest of the
conferences ASF endorses, not just to the ApacheCon NA.

zoran

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: ApacheCon North America 2020, project participation

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Definitely, we, at Karaf, will would love to have a track for ACNE '20,
as we did this year in Vegas.

You can count on us !

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: ApacheCon North America 2020, project participation

Re: [DISCUSS] C* track for ApacheCon 2020 (was: ApacheCon North America 2020, project participation)

Posted by Jon Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
Completely agree, we should absolutely do it.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

A quick note to let people know that I've already responded to Rich on the Apachecon planners list saying that we will definitely be putting a community track together for the next Apachecon NA.

Thanks
Sharan

Fwd: ApacheCon North America 2020, project participation