Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Marcus Schröder <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/23 16:40:24 UTC

Building Qpid 0.5

Hi,

I built qpid 0.4 successfully on my old ubuntu 8.04, but after
installing a clean 9.04 and trying qpid 0.5, I keep getting this
compilation error: http://pastie.org/521427 . If I see it right, the
fork() of the Daemon causes errors, but I have no clue what may be the
cause of this. The result of running ./configure can be seen here:
http://pastie.org/521637
Any suggestions?

Best,
Marcus

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Building Qpid 0.5

Posted by Marcus Schröder <ma...@gmail.com>.
> You wnat to use sha1sum or openssl sha1 qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz, or you
> can just grab the .asc sig and do gpg --verify qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz.
> openssl sha uses a different hashing algorithim.
>
> FWIW I get the same checksum you do when I do that, so i reckon you've
> got the right file.

Right, thanks, using sha1sum, I get the checksum Jasan noted earlier.

Re: Building Qpid 0.5

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Marcus
Schröder<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I get the following SHA for the download:
> mss@TZI-MSS:~/Desktop$ openssl sha qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz
> SHA(qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz)= 3de04b01713e42fc208c9695aaf305ddc9a34dd3
>
> This checksum is given both for the file I downloaded and tried to
> build, as well as for the file I downloaded two minutes ago using the
> link you sent.

You wnat to use sha1sum or openssl sha1 qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz, or you
can just grab the .asc sig and do gpg --verify qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz.
openssl sha uses a different hashing algorithim.

FWIW I get the same checksum you do when I do that, so i reckon you've
got the right file.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Building Qpid 0.5

Posted by Marcus Schröder <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jasan,

Re: Building Qpid 0.5

Posted by Ján Sáreník <js...@redhat.com>.
Hi Marcus!

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 04:40:24PM +0200, Marcus Schröder wrote:
> I built qpid 0.4 successfully on my old ubuntu 8.04, but after
> installing a clean 9.04 and trying qpid 0.5, I keep getting this
> compilation error: http://pastie.org/521427 . If I see it right, the
> fork() of the Daemon causes errors, but I have no clue what may be the
> cause of this. The result of running ./configure can be seen here:
> http://pastie.org/521637

What is your particular Qpid version. Are you really using the
http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.5/qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz
with SHA 857e1646aeb3a2d96b89697e7adf699d8e04f6a1?

In abovementioned release I see different code on lines 90 and
96 of file src/qpid/broker/Daemon.cpp than your log says so I
just want to make sure we are talking about the same code.

  Best regards, Jasan
--
Red Hat Czech, MRG Quality Assurance Associate

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Building Qpid 0.5

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Marcus Schröder wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Steve Huston<sh...@riverace.com> wrote:
>
>> Try casting the return of write() to void. The compiler doesn't like
>> that it's being ignored.
>>
>> Please reply and let us know how that works.
>>

> Casting the return to void did not help, but introducing a local
> size_t foo variable, into which the return values are saved, did.
> Compiling the does go on, but ends a bit later with
> qpid/sys/posix/LockFile.cpp: In destructor 'qpid::sys::LockFile::~LockFile()':
> qpid/sys/posix/LockFile.cpp:59: error: ignoring return value of 'int
> lockf(int, int, __off_t)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
> which could be resolved in the same way.
>
> At
> qpid/agent/ManagementAgentImpl.cpp: In member function 'void
> qpid::management::ManagementAgentImpl::handleMethodRequest(qpid::framing::Buffer&,
> uint32_t, std::string)':
> qpid/agent/ManagementAgentImpl.cpp:539: error: ignoring return value
> of 'ssize_t write(int, const void*, size_t)', declared with attribute
> warn_unused_result
> this happens as well, fixable as above.
>
> These seem to be all instances of this, after fixing the one above,
> make succeeded and I was able to start the qpidd.

If you are willing to submit a patch for your changes through a JIRA[1]
we can get those committed so that it works better on 0.6.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID and grant license to ASF
so we can use your patch.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Building Qpid 0.5

Posted by Marcus Schröder <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

RE: Building Qpid 0.5

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Marcus,

Try casting the return of write() to void. The compiler doesn't like
that it's being ignored.

Please reply and let us know how that works.

Thanks,
-Steve