Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jonathan <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/19 21:06:06 UTC

Flume checking for new files in a direcotry

Hi,

I have been trying to find documentation on this use case but
I haven't found any yet. Is there a way to get flume to see when new files
are added to the directory instead of waiting for a file append? I am trying
to use flume with custom log files that are written to files at a set
interval. Would flume delete the files after it has processed them?

On a separate note is there a link where I can view the email history of
this group?

Thanks
Jonathan

Re: Flume checking for new files in a direcotry

Posted by Mingjie Lai <mj...@gmail.com>.
> Is there a way to get flume to see when new
> files are added to the directory instead of waiting for a file append?

Don't know your exactly use case. Have you tried tailDir source? I saw
it from the user guide but didn't try it.

 > On a separate note is there a link where I can view the email history of
 > this group?

It used to be on google group at:
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/flume-user/topics

It just moved to apache recently: