Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tomislav Pokrajcic <to...@svemir.net> on 2013/10/02 08:05:44 UTC

Re: newbie confused how to deploy Flex app to Linux server

Hi,
both Tomcat and Glassfish can serve as HTTP servers and the webapps/ROOT
folder is specific for Tomcat.
Everything you put in that folder is accessible through
http://myServerIPAddress:8080

I never used Glassfish, but it seems that you should configure an app
that will handle the root context (i.e. serve files from
http://myServerIPAddress:8080).
Checkout this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10042679/location-for-putting-files-on-glassfish-server

Don't confuse your Flex app URL with AMF Remoting URL for BlazeDS
connection, they are completely separate things.
When fronting application server with Apache HTTP server you have 2
significant URLs:

http://mydomain.com/myWebApp
This one serves Apache HTTP server files stored under
public_html/myWebApp (index.html, *.swf, ...)

http://mydomain.com/amfremoting
This one should be configured to route traffic to application server /
BlazeDS (usually redirected over AJP)

Having Apache HTTP server in front of application server
(Tomcat/Glassfish) has many advantages.
Checkout this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5122345/why-use-apache-web-server-in-front-of-glassfish-or-tomcat

Cheers,