Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tommaso Martini <to...@email.it> on 2006/01/23 11:25:29 UTC

Parameters order in Axis generated code

Hi everyone,

I use Axis 1.3 (Java version) and I find it great! Anyway I noticed a particular
behavior and I would like to know whether it is a feature or a bug.

I develop web service in a bottom-up approach, so I write the implementation
class (let's call them "starting classes" for sake of simplicity) and then I use
first Java2WSDL to get the wsdl file and then WSDL2Java to get the deployable
classes. In the generated classes, however, methods parameters are not
necessarily in the same order I wrote them in the starting classes, they get
inserted in alphabetical order.

This caused me a lot of debugging in the past few days, as I didn't know it.
I have not found information on that, maybe I missed something in the doc? If
so, can someone direct me to the right section?

Is this a bug? If not, is there any way to control the order of parameters in
the generated methods?

Thank in advance for the help and for your great work.

Tommaso Martini

 Sponsor:
 Telefona con Email.it Phone Card, tanti minuti di conversazione con il massimo del risparmio, clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2687&d=23-1

Re: Parameters order in Axis generated code

Posted by Tommaso Martini <to...@email.it>.
I always specify --style document --use literal, but this seems to not influence
parameters order

Anne Thomas Manes ha scritto:
> Use literal style.
>
> On 1/23/06, Tommaso Martini <to...@email.it> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I use Axis 1.3 (Java version) and I find it great! Anyway I noticed a
>> particular
>> behavior and I would like to know whether it is a feature or a bug.
>>
>> I develop web service in a bottom-up approach, so I write the
>> implementation
>> class (let's call them "starting classes" for sake of simplicity) and then
>> I use
>> first Java2WSDL to get the wsdl file and then WSDL2Java to get the
>> deployable
>> classes. In the generated classes, however, methods parameters are not
>> necessarily in the same order I wrote them in the starting classes, they
>> get
>> inserted in alphabetical order.
>>
>> This caused me a lot of debugging in the past few days, as I didn't know
>> it.
>> I have not found information on that, maybe I missed something in the doc?
>> If
>> so, can someone direct me to the right section?
>>
>> Is this a bug? If not, is there any way to control the order of parameters
>> in
>> the generated methods?
>>
>> Thank in advance for the help and for your great work.
>>
>> Tommaso Martini
>>

>> --
>> Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: http://www.email.it/f
>>
>> Sponsor:
>> Telefona con Email.it Phone Card, tanti minuti di conversazione con il
>> massimo del risparmio, clicca qui
>> Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2687&d=23-1

 Sponsor:
 Iscriviti Gratis al primo corso on-line di Web Marketing in Italia!
* Impara subito come promuoverti su internet - clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3210&d=23-1

Re: Parameters order in Axis generated code

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Use literal style.