Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kashyap, Raghu" <Ra...@orbitz.com> on 2008/11/18 20:41:02 UTC

solr-ruby gem

Anyone knows if the solr-ruby gem is compatible with solr 1.3??

Also anyone using acts_as_solr plugin? Off late the website is down and
can't find any recent activities on that

-Raghu

Re: solr-ruby gem

Posted by Matt Mitchell <go...@gmail.com>.
I've been using solr-ruby with 1.3 for quite a while now. It's powering our
"experimental", open-source OPAC, "Blacklight":

blacklight.rubyforge.org

I've got a custom query builder and response wrapper, but it's using
solr-ruby underneath.

Matt

Re: solr-ruby gem

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Nov 18, 2008, at 2:41 PM, Kashyap, Raghu wrote:
> Anyone knows if the solr-ruby gem is compatible with solr 1.3??

Yes, the gem at rubyforge is compatible with 1.3.  Also, the library
itself is distributed with the binary release of Solr, in client/ruby/
solr-ruby/lib

> Also anyone using acts_as_solr plugin? Off late the website is down
> and
> can't find any recent activities on that

 From my perspective, acts_as_solr is a mess.  [My apologies for