Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by David Remy <dr...@bea.com> on 2004/06/30 19:04:24 UTC

xmlbeans xml security

David (Waite),
I got the chance to meet with Noah Campbell for dinner Mon night at
JavaOne and he expressed an interest in contributing in the are of xml
security.  I wonder if we should start a sandbox in cvs with a security
directory that we could use to start experimenting on xml security over
xmlbeans.  Unless someone has an issue with that I will go ahead and do
it (specifically under xml-xmlbeans create a subdirectory called sandbox
and then a security directory under it).

Perhaps we should get started on an XML Sig implementation and see what
hurdles we run into.  I *believe* at some point we are going to want an
option on the xml store to keep things in the store canonically so that
the big c14n copy to create and validate signatures can be avoided.  In
the meantime though we could get started and therefore define any
requirements that the store might get.

It only makes sense to have a security implementation in xmlbeans if we
can take advantage of the xml store to improve efficiency, otherwise we
should leave it to apache xml sec ...

rem

Re: xmlbeans xml security

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
David,

There is already an XML Security project at xml.apache.org.  Is there
any
chance of combining efforts with those folks on this?

Ted

On Jun 30, 2004, at 10:04 AM, David Remy wrote:

> David (Waite),
> I got the chance to meet with Noah Campbell for dinner Mon night at
> JavaOne and he expressed an interest in contributing in the are of xml
> security.  I wonder if we should start a sandbox in cvs with a security
> directory that we could use to start experimenting on xml security over
> xmlbeans.  Unless someone has an issue with that I will go ahead and do
> it (specifically under xml-xmlbeans create a subdirectory called
> sandbox
> and then a security directory under it).
>
> Perhaps we should get started on an XML Sig implementation and see what
> hurdles we run into.  I *believe* at some point we are going to want an
> option on the xml store to keep things in the store canonically so that
> the big c14n copy to create and validate signatures can be avoided.  In
> the meantime though we could get started and therefore define any
> requirements that the store might get.
>
> It only makes sense to have a security implementation in xmlbeans if we
> can take advantage of the xml store to improve efficiency, otherwise we
> should leave it to apache xml sec ...
>
> rem

----
Ted Leung                          Blog: <http://www.sauria.com/blog>
PGP Fingerprint: 1003 7870 251F FA71 A59A  CEE3 BEBA 2B87 F5FC 4B42

Re: xmlbeans xml security

Posted by Noah Campbell <no...@gmail.com>.
I assume that Dave Remy wrote the original message?

In regards to the netstore2...Since I wasn't around when it was
written I'm a bit of a disadvantage as to how it works.  This will
provide an excellent way to get up to speed on how it works.

I was also told that it was being moved back to newstore.  Is there an
ETA on with this complete so we're not struggling against an code
migration.

Thanks

Noah

Re: xmlbeans xml security