Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/25 11:41:32 UTC

affected by 0.20: Allow block reports to proceed without holding FSDataset lock

hi all,
My datanodes all have very big disks, and I found block reports can take
multiple minutes to generate, and at this time, datanode will not respond
for reading. I'v noticed hadoop 1.0.1 fixed this bug, but I'm using 0.20.2
and I can't upgrade my hadoop version unless 1.0.1 supports fuse_dfs. Any
advice?

--
Thanks & Best Regards
Xibin Liu

Re: affected by 0.20: Allow block reports to proceed without holding FSDataset lock

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi, 1.0.1 does support fuse_dfs. You should be able to upgrade to
1.0.x latest from 0.20 without too many issues - but the new version
is not backward compatible for older clients and will also require a
metadata upgrade.

--
Harsh J

Re: affected by 0.20: Allow block reports to proceed without holding FSDataset lock

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: affected by 0.20: Allow block reports to proceed without holding FSDataset lock

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: affected by 0.20: Allow block reports to proceed without holding FSDataset lock

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J