Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org> on 2002/10/15 19:39:40 UTC

BETA 3 (fwd)

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:38:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@modpython.org>
To: mod_python@modpython.org
Subject: BETA 3

BETA3 of MP 3 is available for download from
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython/

This release features numerous fixes to problems reported on this and the
dev lists, has been tested on linux, solaris, freebsd and windows, and
even includes an example of a gzip filter.

There is also a windows DLL (actually it's a .so file, following the
Apache convention) in that same directory.

Grisha

3.0 release?

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.
I haven't had any reports of problems since the last beta, except for
Peter's requests for makefiles and a few other cosmetic things which I
think I fixed, so I'm thinking of actually releasing MP 3 as it is now.

There is a ton of stuff I'd like to add eventually, but in the current
state I think this version is sufficient for someone holding off on
upgrading to httpd 2.0 because there is no mod_python, which is why I
think it's important to release "less sooner" than "more later".

Does anyone have any objections? Should there be another beta? Should it
be released as 3.0.0 or 3.0.1?

Grisha

Re: BETA 3 (fwd)

Posted by Peter Hawkins <pe...@hawkins.emu.id.au>.
Hi...

A few small requests...

Can you please fix the build process so that:
(a) the clean target actually cleans, ie. removes *.o *.slo *.lo *.la?

clean appears to have been further broken in beta 3 over beta 2, now
it doesn't even clean *.o (since the Makefile doesn't define OBJS).

(b) the distclean target really removes things like
src/libpython.module, test/testpython.py and the Makefiles from Doc/
and src/?

Can you also please remove the 0-byte files doc-html/modpython2 and
doc-html/icons/icons2 from the tarball? They cause lintian warnings.

This would make my life easier when packaging it (I already have a
preliminary debian package).

=)
Peter

--