Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eu...@jdevelop.com> on 2005/10/25 14:10:11 UTC

Node permissions

Does the JackRabbit implements some mechanism to provide node permission
access validation in repository? If so, where is it possible to learn mode
about that?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: Node permissions

Posted by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eu...@jdevelop.com>.
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 09:23:04AM +0200, Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> you need to implement a AccessManager.
>
> read the posts that already exist to this topic first:
>
> http://search.gmane.org/?query=accessmanager&email=&group=gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel&sort=date&DEFAULTOP=and&xP=accessmanager.&xFILTERS=Gcomp.apache.jackrabbit.devel---A
> regards, toby

Excellent! I was able to find almost any of my questions in this mailing list,
but I still have a question: AccessManager defines several constants for
access rights (read,write and remove). Is it possible to extend this set of
constants in classess implementing this interface?

Also, do I need to handle the permission checks somewhere in my own code, or
it will be done by JackRabbbit background? In case if I should take care of
checking permissions for node before accessing it, I will be able to check
custom privileges for sure, and there's no place for this question :)

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: Node permissions

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.

On 10/26/05, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eu...@jdevelop.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 03:10:11PM +0300, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> > Does the JackRabbit implements some mechanism to provide node permission
> > access validation in repository? If so, where is it possible to learn mode
> > about that?
>
> So nobody knows about that or it is described somewhere? Please, help :)
>
> --
> Eugene N Dzhurinsky

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

Re: Node permissions