Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com> on 2008/01/15 19:57:19 UTC

stage plugin errors?

I still can't release Maven Surefire today due to MSTAGE-4.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSTAGE-4

At first I'd assumed that there was just some bug with running it on my
personal Windows XP box, but today I tried running it from
people.apache.org and found that I reproduced the exact same problem.

Since everybody else seems to think that this plugin works, I guess this
must really be a configuration problem on my end.  [It seems like jsch
handles errors by hanging. :-(]

Any idea what could be wrong here?

-Dan

Re: stage plugin errors?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
I see. I'll make sure to run the fix script after every release in the
future.

Dennis Lundberg

RE: stage plugin errors?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Brian E. Fox wrote:
> So the problem is that DennisL had a few files owned. I logged in and
> ran the script manually and it prompted me to override. I said yes to
> few files and then everything is ok. So it seems that we really need
> get this fix-permissions running regularly, and the mv commands in the
> stage plugin should force instead of prompt. (since the prompting
hangs
> the wagon.executecommand)

Dennis Lundberg

Re: stage plugin errors?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Brian E. Fox wrote:
> So the problem is that DennisL had a few files owned. I logged in and
> ran the script manually and it prompted me to override. I said yes to a
> few files and then everything is ok. So it seems that we really need to
> get this fix-permissions running regularly, and the mv commands in the
> stage plugin should force instead of prompt. (since the prompting hangs
> the wagon.executecommand)

Dennis Lundberg

RE: stage plugin errors?

Re: stage plugin errors?